Syncope Jazz Band
The Syncope Jazz Band is a group of students that enjoy music and want to learn or continue playing in a jazz ensemble. Even if you haven’t dusted off that instrument sitting in your basement for seven years since your last high school performance, we encourage students to come out and ignite those smooth, easy flowing vibes or groovy syncopated rhythms. Our routine involves weekly practices with a handful of performances spread throughout the school year as well as opportunities to work on skills in a small-group setting. We also delve into different genres including pop, rock, and anything else that may be suggested by members. All instruments and levels are welcome, and we encourage a fun, learning environment. Long story short, Syncope Jazz Band is a great time with awesome music and even better people! Come join us!
- Affair of the Heart - a fundraising gala event supporting local children’s charities. In past years, the event has raised funds for Little Warriors, Basically Babies, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, and more.
- MSA Winter Concert - an event showcasing the amazing talent of the students studying medicine and dentistry at the University of Alberta.
- Internal Medicine Residents’ Dinner - a night of dinner, games, and celebration for the residents in the University of Alberta Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Dean’s Luncheon - an appreciation lunch, hosted by the Dean of Medicine, for all the hardworking staff at the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- Rich Man, Poor Man - an annual fundraising event for global health student education programs at the University of Alberta. During the dinner, 1 person at each table will get the “Rich Man” dinner while the others get the “Poor Man” dinner, like the meals typically eaten by 90% of the world’s population.
- Med Formal - annual formal attended by Medicine and Dentistry students. A night of music, dance, and class (or savagery).
- Brenda, Tat