Internal Medicine Club
Welcome to the Internal Medicine Club
Hello fellow Internal Med fanatics! We are proud and excited to be your Club Leaders for 2017-18!
What exactly is Internal Medicine? It is the medical specialty concerned with adult diseases and organ systems. In other words, it is a broad specialty. You could be a specialist in the heart, the lungs, the stomach, the joints, the kidneys, or something else in the body! Through lunchtime talks and interactive sessions, our goal is to increase your understanding and awareness of all the different aspects, sub-specialties, and practice settings of Internal Medicine.
Here are some of the events we’ve got planned for you:
- An introductory talk from the Internal Med Program Director.
- You’ll get to hear from junior and senior Internal Med residents, who will tell you about matching to Internal Med, how life is as an Internal Med resident, and what the second iteration of CaRMS is like.
- You’ll learn about different Internal Med sub-specialists. For example, what exactly is rheumatology or hematology?
- We’ve got talks that will highlight the other diverse career options you could have in Internal Med, like a career in research, hospital medicine, or critical care medicine.
- You’ll get an opportunity to shadow internists through our ShadowBase.
We hope you’re as excited as we are, so please join us at our events and we look forward to seeing you there!